Love & Care
Fine jewelry is delicate and should be cared for accordingly, especially our charm rings and clip-on charms. To extend the life of your jewelry and keep it in optimal condition, please follow the care instructions and recommendations we have compiled below. Please note if you are hard/rough on your jewelry we do not recommend purchasing a charm ring or clip-on charm.
- Take off your jewelry before your daily rituals such as showering; especially our charm rings and clip-on charms. Applying lotions, perfume, hair product, sunscreen or makeup can dull the sparkle, discolor, and permanently stain your fine jewelry. Harsh chemicals have an effect on gold, and we strongly recommend avoiding these products while wearing your rings.
- Leave your jewelry at home before engaging in strenuous activities. Any type of workout - the gym, yoga, rock climbing, heavy lifting, backpacking, cycling. Anything that puts excess pressure on the hand can bend and damage your rings over time or can cause serious injury to your finger! If you purchased a charm ring these activities can risk the heart detach from the band resulting in losing your charm or the clip-on charm to get undone from excessive bouncing around.
- Swimming pools, the beach and the ocean are not jewelry friendly. Fingers often shrink in water and can cause your rings to slip off. Most chemicals, like chlorine, can corrode or distort metal and sand can scratch your gold.
- Don’t wear your jewelry to bed, especially rings, as fingers tend to swell overnight. Charm rings, prong rings, open rings and clip-on charms can get caught on your clothing, sheets, or blankets. Lay your necklaces flat, clasp the necklace when removing it to assure the chain does not tangle or knot.
- When you are baking or cooking, common ingredients such as oil or flour can get underneath your rings, your heart charm can get caught or pulled on kitchen gloves. We suggest reserving a special ring dish in your kitchen and put your rings and jewelry there before you cook.
- Similar to the shower, your hands get wet and soapy while you wash dishes which could cause your ring to slide off or your heart charm caught on something.
We take great pride in the craftsmanship of our fine jewelry that will go on to shine as heirlooms for generations. If you are purchasing a Dolce Amore Ring with a heart charm you should check periodically if your heart has not gotten caught on a zipper, bag, keys, suitcase, dog leash etc. For example, putting your hands inside a tight pocket with your heart charm ring will damage the heart and most likely cause it to detach from the band, or bend the heart that could later detach and fall off.
EXTRA CARE ON RINGS WITH HEART CHARMS AND CLIP-ON CHARMS
Heart Charm on Rings: Whether it’s a two heart, one big heart or our Classico size heart ring these rings need the care we suggest in the Jewelry section. We all have moments when we may have done too much with our jewelry, maybe your dog pulled on the leash too hard and the heart got in the way a little, send it back for tightening, or take it to a local jeweler for reinforcement. Once the loop attached to the heart is compromised the heart may detach and you may lose it.
Clip-on Charms: These charms are great because you can clip them on different bracelets and necklaces, but they do come with the risk of opening up by accident if they are caught in excessive hair, tight clothing, chain pulling/readjusting, you need to periodically check that the clip is secure. Make it a habit to check the charm after you put on or take of your clothing. If you prefer your clip to be soldered like a pendant, we are happy to do that for you.
Due to the delicate handmade craftsmanship, all Dolce Amore Vault Jewelry is guaranteed on defects in material and workmanship for a period of 60 days from delivery. We will repair any breakage caused by manufacturer defect, within this time frame. Normal wear and tear, improper care, or damage resulting from misuse will void this warranty. Repairs will be assessed on an individual basis.
Should you require a repair, please contact us email@example.com during office hours Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm PST with the item in need of repair, what repair is needed, details from the original sales invoice, and your contact information. We will assess whether the repair is approved on a case-by-case basis at its sole discretion depending on the nature of the repair.
If you think your heart charm ring or clip-on charm was compromised during an activity or got caught on something or was used improperly please send it back to us for reinforcement/repair. We are happy to do it free of charge excluding shipping fees.
If you lose your heart charm from the band, we can replace it for a fee please contact us and we will let you know the fee depending on the heart style.
CLEANING YOUR JEWELRY
Cleaning your your14k and 18k gold jewelry combine a few drops of mild dishwashing soap with warm water. Let your pieces soak in this mixture for about 15 minutes. If you want to get into fine areas of your piece, gently take a soft bristle toothbrush to it, rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
For precious gemstones, make sure you know what you have:
Emeralds and Aquamarines: The inclusions that make emeralds beautiful also make them fragile. Keep away from high impact & extreme temperatures. Clean with lukewarm water, mild soap and a toothbrush. Do not use an ultrasonic cleaner or jewelry cleaner on these pieces.
Diamonds, Sapphires and Rubies: use a soft toothbrush and dish soap and gently scrub gold and gems.